- DO hope for a bounce-back from 3B David Wright to something closer to the norm of 100/20/100/20/.300. PS, exhale.
- DON'T expect a Cy Young from SP Johan Santana in 2010. He's still recovering from injury. Be realistic and you may actually enjoy his 15 Wins, 3ish ERA, low WHIP and nice K/9 ration.
- DO snag SS Jose Reyes as late as you possibly can. Only two years removed from being a top-5 pick, if he figures it out, he could win you your league.
- DON'T be surprised if OF Jason Bay's numbers dip as he figures out CitiField (see David Wright). Still, 100/25/100/.280 are numbers you should enjoy having on your squad.
- DO draft CL Francisco Rodriguez if you can stand all the antics that come along with the saves and high K/9 ratio. I can't and won't.
- DON'T be "that guy" that thinks this year is the year SP Oliver Perez figures it all out. If he does and you missed out on him, so be it. You'll survive. Just think of the flip-side if you draft him and you're wrong. UGH!
- DO not forget about OF Carlos Beltran. He's a risk/reward pick. You feel lucky, punk?
Players I'd be willing to use a late-round pick on:
- OF Jeff Francoeur (.311/10 HR in 75 games with Mets in 2009)
- SP John Maine (2007 - 15 W, 3.91 ERA; not much since)