- Miguel Cabrera, Michael Cuddyer and Justin Morneau are all higher-ranked first basemen than Albert Pujols in ESPN leagues. And Jorge Cantu is ahead of him, too, in Yahoo! leagues.
- No disappointment in drafting Joe Mauer early (.381 BA, 11 R, 1 HR, 12 RBI, 0 SB) but you could have gotten Ivan Rodriguez (.434 BA, 10 R, 0 HR, 8 RBI, 1 SB) and Miguel Olivo (.297 BA, 7 R, 4 HR, 8 RBI, 1 SB) at the end of nearly every draft if you passed on the top tier of catchers.
- Here's a look at the top five players leading MLB in total bases: (1) Vernon Wells (2) Jose Guillen (3) Matt Kemp (4) Miguel Cabrera (t5) Nelson Cruz (t5) Ryan Braun. Mull that list over for a bit.
- Matt Capps' MLB leading seven saves will solidify people's beliefs that you "never pay for saves", but are people that paid for Mariano Rivera's six saves, 0.00 ERA, 0.57 WHIP, .208 OBA and 6:1 K:BB in 7 IP disappointed that they paid for those saves? (I think not).
- No surprise that Adam Wainwright, Roy Halladay, Felix Hernandez and Tim Lincecum are 4-for-4 in quality starts but so are these guys: Andy Pettitte, Barry Zito, Jeremy Guthrie, Roy Oswalt, Fausto Carmona, Jered Weaver, Ubaldo Jimenez, Dallas Braden and Ricky Romero.
- Everyone likes to talk about how shallow the third base position is in fantasy baseball but only three shortstops qualify in the top 100 using Yahoo! rankings: Rafael Furcal (17th), Derek Jeter (45th) and Alex Gonzalez (58th).
- Only five pitchers have a K:BB ratio of 6:1 or better: Carl Pavano (17:1), Roy Halladay (9.33:1), Kevin Millwood (6:1), Carlos Sliva (6:1) and Hiroki Kuroda (6:1).
- Matt Kemp has 7 HRs and 7 SB attempts. Unfortunately he's been caught stealing 5 of 7 times. This seems like a guy that is out to prove he can go 30/30 or even 40/40.
- Vernon Wells and Kelly Johnson lead the majors in extra-base hits with 14 each. Alex Gonzalez and Miguel Cabrera are next with 13 each.
* All statistics accurate as of 04/24/2010