- 3B Neil Walker, PIT (0.5% E; 3% Y!) is the latest Pittsburgh prospect called up to the big club and will be given the chance to keep the 2B job. In the minors, he's shown home run numbers in the the teens. So far he hasn't disappointed with a .312 BA (10/32), 2 R, 1 HR and 4 RBI in 8 games. He'll soon have 2B eligibility and could provide a nice boost in a CI or MI roster slot in deep mixed leagues.
- C/1B Buster Posey, SF (60% E; 50% Y!) finally got the call-up and is living up to the preseason hype, so far. In his first five games, he's gone 9/19 (.474 BA) with a run and four RBI. It may take him some time to find his power stroke, but in the meantime, he has the potential to be a top-10 catcher by season's end.
- OF Michael Stanton, FLA (10% E; 18% Y!) should be called up to the Marlins any day now. The question is "How much playing time will he get?". His 20 HR in just 176 Double-A at bats this season is what the buzz is all about (oh, and stuff like this).If you have the roster spot to stash him, now may be the time.
- SP John Ely, LAD (59% E; 35% Y!) had a rough first outing (5 ER in 6 IP) but has run off six straight quality starts and boasting very nice ratios of a 2.54 ERA and 0.93 WHIP. Toss in his 7.24 K/9 and 4.63 K/BB ratios and you have a very ownable starting pitcher.
- RP John Axford, MIL (31% E; 21% Y!) seems to be the Brewers closer and is getting the job done (1 W; 3 SV). Until he loses his grip on getting the ball in the 9th inning, he should be owned in all formats using saves.
Have you been stashing away prospects such as Stanton, Posey, Strasburg and catcher Carlos Santana of Cleveland? How has your roster suffered during the wait? Are you ready to start seeing dividends or fear you may have sacrificed precious roster spots for a chance at stardom?
Be sure to follow me on Twitter, too.