- 2B/OF Sean Rodriguez, TB (41% E; 18% Y!) was an early season sleeper while tearing it up during Spring Training but crawled out of the gate by hitting only .184 in April. Well Rodriguez is hitting .367 in June with 3 HR, 12 RBI and 3 SB. Anyone producing and playing regularly in the Rays lineup deserves to be owned.
- OF Corey Patterson, BAL (0.3% E; 1% Y!) is worth the look if you are desperate for steals. Over the last seven days, Patterson is 10/29 (.345 BA) with 4 SB. I said "desperate", didn't I?
- OF Andres Torres, SF (26% E; 17% Y!) is hitting .293 on the season with 30 runs and 11 stolen bases. His defense has kept him in the lineup and the offense has been a pleasant surprise for owners that keep sending him out there.
- C John Buck, TOR (24% E; 36% Y!) is sporting a .265/24/12/35/0 line this season and should be owned even in the shallowest of leagues. He's crept up to the number three catcher on ESPN's Player Rater and the inaugural nominee of COSFBA's "Line of the Day".
- SP Jonathon Niese, NYM (21% E; 14% Y!) is riding a nice three-game winning streak (23 IP, 15 H, 4 ER, 0.78 WHIP) and could be a nice addition to any fantasy baseball staff while he's hot.
- SP/RP David Hernandez, BAL (4% E; 9% Y!) has given up four hits and allowed one earned run in 8.2 IP since being moved to the bullpen. Oh, by the way, he's also recorded two saves and recorded a win. Alfredo Simon is active but Hernandez still got the call on the O's last save opp. Keep an eye on how this plays out but both may be worth owning if your league uses holds.
I know you can find this information on your own or even rely on sites that have a full staff of writers and researchers, but I hope you come to COSFBA and visit often to read and appreciate one man's take on a game (baseball and fantasy baseball) that he loves so much.