Friday, December 10, 2010

Baseball Bloggers Alliance Day: 12/10/2010

Today is Baseball Bloggers Alliance Day, and as a member of the Fantasy Baseball Chapter I'd like to tell you what the BBA has meant to me and COSFBA.

First off, here's a little about the BBA straight from the source:
"The Baseball Bloggers Alliance was formed in 2009 to foster communication and collaboration between bloggers across baseball.  Member blogs are encouraged to use one another to deepen their understanding of the game and the teams that play it.

While no formal requirements for membership exist at the current time, participating blogs are asked to keep their blogs current and to link to other member blogs on their blog roll.

The BBA has, as a secondary aim, the goal of producing year-end awards in a similar fashion to the Baseball Writers of America.  These awards can be found here in October with links back to the voters, ensuring transparancy and, most likely, the onset of some good baseball arguments."


As a relatively young blog, I went searching the internet for a group or organization that was doing great things for baseball bloggers and the BBA was exactly what I was looking for. I now feel like my blog belongs to something important and has a voice on a much larger scale than it would had I gone at this venture on my own.

In October, I had the pleasure of voicing my opinions and casting votes for the BBA's end-of-year awards (seen here) and was overwhelmed by the hundreds of views that post received. I've also submitted my Hall of Fame ballot, so keep an eye out for those results in early January 2011.

Be sure to take some time to visit the BBA website and visit as many of the nearly 240 member blogs as possible. Also look for BBA member tweets on Twitter by searching for the #BBBA hashtag and have a very happy BBA Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment