- DO expect good things from OF Andrew McCutchen in 2010. His ADP in the 90s puts him in a group with Hunter Pence, Torii Hunter, Jay Bruce, Carlos Quentin and Nate McClouth. Not bad company for a guy with only 433 career ABs.
- DON'T expect 21 HRs from 1B/OF Garrett Jones in just 82 games. He'll probably get you that many over a full season with a BA around .260.
- DO draft CL Octavio Dotel and SU Joel Hanrahan together if your league counts Holds. Dotel is always an injury risk and Hanrahan has some experience closing games.
- DON'T even waste a late-round pick on OF Lastings Milledge, at this point. He'll be there on waivers and if he does anything positive in April, grab him.
- DO relax if you punted on a catcher. C Ryan Doumit can be had on the cheap (18th round or later) and, if healthy, can provide 15 HR, 60 RBI, .280 BA and a few steals too.
Players I'd be willing to use a late-round pick on:
- All the players above, except McCutchen, are late-round picks.