- DO continue to expect great things out of OF Adam Lind in 2010. His breakout season should be considered the norm for the near future (90/35/100/.300).
- DON'T guess wrong on who the Closer will be this season. RP Jason Frasor seems to be the current favorite but established CL Kevin Gregg and RP Scott Downs are waiting in the wings. Keep an eye on any Spring Training updates. All three are worth owning if your league uses Holds.
- DO give OF Vernon Wells another shot. We've all been burned by him. It's time to forgive and forget. His double-digit homers and steals can be had with a 19th or 20th round pick.
- DON'T expect to get 2B Aaron Hill cheap this year. He was virtually undrafted in 2009 and will now cost you a 4th round pick. Expect some regression in his numbers but enjoy 25 HRs from the 2B position.
- DO draft OF Travis Snider and hope he explodes this season the way Lind and Hill did last season.
Players I'd be willing to use a late-round pick on:
- SP Shaun Marcum (3.39 ERA, 1.16 WHIP, 7.31 K/9 in 2008)
- 3B Edwin Encarnacion (27 yrs old, 20 HR/.260 BA, may open season on the DL)