- 3B Aramis Ramirez, CHC (+24.2%) has been on a tear in July (.375, 5 HR, 14 RBI, 14 R) and looking like his first half woes (.207 BA pre All-Star break) may be behind him. His ownership numbers are high (91.3% E; 79% Y!) but could be available if your league mates have already moved on to fantasy football.
- SP Edinson Volquez, CIN (+23.8%) returned from Tommy John surgery (and a 50-game drug suspension for PEDs) with a quality start in which he went six innings, allowing three hits, an earned run, two walks while striking out nine in a win at home versus Colorado. Volquez is fairly available (35.8% E; 45% Y! owned) right now but don't wait much longer to pick him up. Another quality start and his ownership numbers could double.
- SP Madison Bumgarner, SF (+16.2%) is proving that he belongs in the big leagues. After just four starts this season, Bumgarner is 2-2 with a 2.57 ERA, 1.04 WHIP and 21 K's in 28 IP. He's pitched seven or more innings in three of those four starts, too. If you need a good, young starter (especially in a keeper league), now may be the time to claim Bumgarner (31.9% E; 28% Y! owned).
- OF Chris Coghlan, FLA (-21.4%) is rumored to be headed to the DL or at least be out of the line up for the short term. Coghlan is projecting 9 HR, 51 RBI, 101 R and 17 SB this season, which is actually better than last season's numbers, except for BA (.263 compared to .321). Owners must be finding better options on waivers.
- SP Carlos Silva, CHC (-16%) was lit up for six earned runs in just 1.1 IP in his last start. Owners are probably seeing this as the last straw towards the "beginning of the end". Silva is 1-3 over his last six starts after opening the season 8-0.
- 1B Gaby Sanchez, FLA (-15.5%) was a very popular "add" just a couple of weeks ago. He's gone 10/40 with 0 HR, 0 RBI and only 2 R over the last 15 days and no longer worthy of a CI or UTL spot.
What other players are you buying, selling or simply cut and running away from? Is the All-Star break the unofficial point of worrying if a guy is going to turn it around or not? Share your thoughts with me in the comments section or hit me up on Twitter. I could always use some more followers there, if you're into that sort of thing.